Monday, February 16, 2009

Tea Eggs and Truth in Advertising

I was initially very excited when I came upon an article on CNN.com titled "Eating his way to a six-pack with 16 eggs a day". I thought excitedly of scarfing down tea (brown) eggs, a favorite food of mine from my childhood - a food which I ate so many at one sitting when I was eight years old that I got sick. Who would've thought that secret of getting a, uh... I mean keeping my six-pack would be to overdose on eggs?  A regular diet with lots of tea eggs and cheese eggs (my personal recipe includes three eggs scrambled with two slides of American cheese) sounded awfully good to me.

Unfortunately, a closer look at the article notes that the dieter in question, Jason Dinant, also diligently goes through an intense workout routine which included ab crunches, cycling on a stationary bike and using weights for his upper body. The moral of the story is that there really is no way to eat your way to good health without exercise.  I've gone to Subway on occasion to take advantage of their $5 footlong promotion I'm definitely not losing weight like Jared. Well, softball season starts in two months.


No comments: