Saturday, September 12, 2009

And As For the "Real" League...

So here are my predictions for the 2009-10 NFL season. Given that three of my predicted final four teams didn't even make the playoffs, my daughter could probably slap the keyboard randomly and be more on target with these picks. In fact, I was only 50% accurate in terms of choose playoff teams. Think of it as my way of discouraging gambling.

Here's what I see:

NFC EAST: Giants
NFC NORTH: Packers
NFC SOUTH: Saints
NFC WEST: Seahawks
WILD CARDS: Eagles, Bears

AFC EAST: Patriots
AFC NORTH: Steelers
AFC SOUTH: Colts
AFC WEST: Chargers
WILD CARDS: Texans, Ravens

NFC Championship: Giants over Bears
AFC Championship: Steelers over Patriots
Super Bowl: Steelers over Giants

But Pittsburgh fans beware - I picked the Patriots to win it all last year and we all know what happened to Tom Brady and the Patriots season. Now Ben Roethlisberger has already survived Week 1, but does anyone think perhaps the Suburban Family Guy championship curse (remember, I picked the Mets to win the World Series this year) might have taken out Troy Polamalu out?

No comments: