Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Twittering Away

I've decided to join Twitter after hearing all of the buzz around how this means of connecting people will revolutionize relationships, one summer after I decided to join the blogosphere. After a couple of days, I'm still not sure what to make of it.

My initial impressions are that Twitter is essentially a short-form blog so instead of boring people with my long-winded drivel, I can waste less of people's time by giving them concise drivel. Excellent. Also, Twitter allows us to see the short-form musings of our friends interspersed with our own in chronological order.

Eh, I'll stick with it for a little. If nothing else, I need to keep my technology adoption sharp so I can keep up with my kids when they're a little older.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was a twitter member for about 2 hours. I didn't see the point. I use FB to stay connected with friends, and if I have something to share, I blog. Perhaps if my life were more exciting or my thoughts more profound, there would be a point. I'm willing to change my mind, but so far none of the arguments in favor of it have swayed me.