Wednesday, June 17, 2009

C'mon, What About Five Guys?

Congratulations to In-N-Out burger, which won the (presumably) coveted title of "best hamburger in the nation" according to a recent survey of fast-food eaters. I think In-N-Out makes a good burger, but you have to give props to Five Guys, which was conspicuously absent from the rankings. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have both of these guys in the competition, it's hardly a legitimate contest.

Congratulations to my beloved Long John Silver's for winning "Best Fish". As far as I'm concerned, I can't see how there was possibly any competition in that race. I've heard that Ivar's Seafood in the Seattle area is a worthy competitor, but that I've never tried it. And don't even mention that Arthur's Treachers garbage.

I'm also convinced that the snide Zagat comment that "They might as well fry the drinks, too" was clearly a shot towards Long John Silver's. It's probably fair criticism right up there with, "Eat this meal and you'll be drinking gallons of water the night afterwards."

I can attest to McDonald's being extremely child friendly. In fact, the Saturday before we left for Aruba, I took Daniel to McDonald's for a nice father-son lunch. We talked over Chicken McNuggets and afterwards I let him run around in the maze of suspended tubes in the PlayPlace. Hopefully he'll always remember those fond memories more than obesity brought on by his father's poor choice of eateries.

No comments: