Saturday, January 3, 2009

Playing Games with Family and Friends

I had a fantastic day of games and fun yesterday - first with my kids and then with some of my friends.

With Daniel was off on a playdate and Sarah doing some errands, I played an impromptu game of hide and seek with Sophia. Well, it wasn't really hide and seek, but rather a game in which I would run to one side of our first floor and hide in a corner while Sophia would waddle over and "find" me, laughing hysterically. Then I'd scamper away to the other end of the house and hide in another corner, Sophia would waddle over and "find" me, laughing hysterically, and we'd repeat the cycle over and over. We did about fifteen times, and Sophia never lost enthusiasm for our little game. Later on, Daniel came home and joined us and I made the game a little more advanced by throwing a blanket over my head while sitting on the couch (the kids gleefully found me anyway). As Sophia was getting a bath, I played a "memory" card game with Daniel. Fun stuff.

Later on that evening, I celebrated my birthday (a week after the fact) with some friends at Dave & Buster's in Times Square. It was a fun time of food, drink and a couple of rounds of games and trivia. A friend slapped me on the back and told me that in light of the turnout (we had around sixteen or so folks that showed up) that I was loved. I'm indeed blessed not so much by the number of people who I count as friends who also were kind enough to attend, but because of who the people who I am so honored to have as friends. And we also kicked tail in Super Trivia to boot.

1 comment:

Jinna said...

So fun! Even though I got stuck at the leaders' end of the table. j/k