Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fantasy Super Bowl 2008

After a hard fought regular season and two rounds of playoffs, I'm happy to say that my Millburn Mustangs have made it to the big one - the championship game of the Yahoo! Fantasy Football "Suncoast League" run by my B-school buddy's brother. The championship game is the matchup of the #1 and #2 seeds, and the fact that I won the regular season with an 8-5 record says something about the parity of the league, which I had anticipated before the season started.

Here are the rosters for this clash of titans:

The Millburn Mustangs (8-5)
QB Jay Cutler
WR Hines Ward
WR Antonio Bryant
WR Wes Welker
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Pierre Thomas
TE Jason Witten
K Rob Bironas

D DeMeco Ryans
D Lance Briggs
DB Quintin Mikell
DB Kerry Rhodes
DL Justin Tuck
DL A.J. Hawk

I made a decision to pick up running back Pierre Thomas of the Saints, who was actually a free agent, opting to sit both Marion Barber and Clinton Portis, who have racked up some nice stats through the season but are injured. I also gave the nod to Jay Cutler over Kurt Warner as I'm not bullish on how Warner's performance playing against a tough New England Patriots defense at Gillette Stadium, especially after a mediocre Vikings defense ate him up at home last week.

The PlayMakerZ (7-6)
QB Tyler Thigpen
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Donald Driver
RB Steve Slaton
RB Brian Westbrook
TE Dallas Clark
K Ryan Longwell

D Calvin Pace
D Chad Greenway
DB Cortland Finnegan
DB Nick Collins
DL Barrett Ruud
DL DeMarcus Ware

This is a good team, which I think has a slight edge over mine in every position except quarterback. The PlayMakerZ defense is definitely stronger as well, with DeMarcus Ware and Calvin Pace being two players who can rack up sacks. I think it'll be a good matchup.

No comments: